Earlier this year on July 5th, the PGA of America reached out to our Jaacob Bowden, PGA about participating in their “Why We Love Golf” campaign. They asked him to send back what makes the game special and unique to him in 50 words or less.
He had previously written about the topic more extensively on his website:
But that was a lot more than 50 words…so, he made the following condensed version for the PGA of America campaign:
“Between the travel, solitude of practice, introspection, long walks, nature, and sunset rounds, golf has been very much a journey of spiritual growth.
It was also perhaps the way in which my dad and I spent most of our quality time together. He’s gone now, and I miss him dearly, but through golf I now have so many wonderful memories of our time spent together.”
The campaign is live now, and this is the result of the collaboration with Jaacob.
Check it out here!
What do you love about golf?
Be sure to also share your story in the comments of the link above!
This is where each photo was taken:
1. The view from Belle Isle State Park with the City of Detroit and the GMRenCenin the backdrop
2. The breathtaking dogleg right Par 4 331-yard (303-meter) 7th hole at Golf Club Crans Sur Sierre, where the DP World Tour’s Omega European Masters is played each year in the French part of Switzerland
3. The famous Swilcan Bridge on the very wide dogleg right Par 4 366-yard 18th hole at the home of golf Old Course at St. Andrews Links in Scotland
4. Thunder Bayou Golf Links in Blyethville, Arkansas
5. John Daly and I walking at the 2017 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship in Washington, DC
6. The tough, dog leg right 459-yard uphill 8th hole at the The Majilis Course at Emirates Golf Club, home of the Hero Dubai Desert Classic in Dubai, UAE
7. GolfMountain Engstligenalp Abelboden – a cow pasture in the German part of Switzerland that gets turned into a golf course at the end of each season
Although there are not as many pictures as on the Instagram collaboration, you can also check out the post on Twitter.
The golf journey is different for everyone, but it's always special.
PGA of America Golf Professional Jaacob Bowden cherishes the time he spent on the course with his dad and the unforgettable memories the game continues to provide. #WeLovethisGame pic.twitter.com/YLoFrlfd8k
— PGA of America (@PGA) November 5, 2023
And here is Facebook if you’d prefer to like, share, or comment on it there: